AC Maintenance Can Save You a Lot of Money
Air Conditioning: Can You Really Set It and Forget It?
air conditioners are sturdy units which are built
for long term use, they do require regular
maintenance. Maintaining your air conditioning unit
is the key to efficiency and the overall life
expectancy for cooling your home. You wouldn't buy a
vehicle and never have it tuned up or maintained
because if you did you would find that your gas
mileage would drop considerably and the performance
would become sluggish. The same goes for your air
conditioning unit. With proper tune-ups, cleaning
and maintenance it can perform at optimal
efficiency. Now, when I talk to you about having
your air conditioner maintained, I'm talking about
having it done BEFORE the cooling season begins.
Here is what happens if you put your air conditioning maintenance on the back burner. You will experience a higher loss of efficiency which leads to higher electricity bills, higher repair costs, and premature replacement parts.
Did you know that for each year that you neglect to maintenance your air conditioning unit you will lose 5% of its efficiency?
Now, if you have put your air conditioning unit maintenance off for awhile, the good news is, you can bring in a professional heating and air conditioning technician which will bring your air conditioning unit back to an efficiency level to start saving you money once again on your electric bills, while making your home cooler and more comfortable. Remember this saying? "An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure." This couldn't be a truer statement, in my opinion.
Here are some minor maintenance you can do yourself:
1. Turn off power to the air conditioner.
2. Inspect the outdoor condenser (looks like a car radiator). Remove any obstructions and debris. Trim back any vegetation, debris and objects such as leaves, papers, toys and tools.
What the Professional Service Will Do For You:
1. If you feel uncomfortable doing the above maintenance yourself, the professional service will do this for you.
2. They will check the freon coolant levels (low levels=higher operating costs).
3. They will check for any freon leaks (It is the law to have leaky systems fixed before adding any freon).
4. They will check the compress amp draw.
5. They will perform belt adjustments.
6. They will do a thorough check on the operating pressures and temperatures.
7. Finally, they will check for any air conditioning blockages.
Now that you know, I want to mention one more thing. I can't express enough to you about not waiting until the last minute to do your air conditioning maintenance. I must say this with clear urgency, "Don't wait for the warm weather before getting this much needed maintenance done". Take care of your air conditioning unit before you really need it. (Tip: Call Denmark Heating And Cooling early before it gets too busy.)
The bottom line is, a well air conditioning unit is the best strategy for long term savings, the reliability in quality operation and comfort